The Fine Arts G. Zanabazar Museum was founded in 1966. The museum is renowned for the works of G. Zanabazar (1635-1724), which include the statues of Sita Tara, the Five Dhayani Buddhas and the Bodhi Stupa. The Fine Arts Museum was named after Gombodorjiin Zanabazar in 1995. It has 12 exhibition galleries covering the arts from ancient civilizations up to the beginning of the 20th Century. Initially opened with over 300 exhibits, the Museum rapidly enriched the number of its objects, with the modern arts becoming a separate division in 1989 as an Arts Gallery.
The Museum displays the artistic works of Mongolian masters of the 18-20th Centuries, coral masks, thangkas, as well as the famous paintings of B. Sharav entitled “A Day in Mongolia” and “Airag feast”. The Museum contains 13000 objects. The exhibition hall regularly hosts the works of contemporary artists. The G. Zanabazar Museum has been successfully cooperating with UNESCO for the improvement of the preservation of priceless exhibits and for training of the Museum staff.The tour of the museum begins at the 2nd floor, guiding through the following topics.
SECURITY AT MUSEUMS
МУЗЕЙН АЮУЛГҮЙ БАЙДАЛ
The Trainer’s Manual - Running a Museum: A Practical Handbook
Running a Museum: A Practical Handbook
ГАМШГИЙН ЭРСДЛИЙН МЕНЕЖМЕНТ БА МУЗЕЙ
DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT FOR MUSEUMS
DOCUMENTATION OF ARTEFACTS’ COLLECTIONS
ЦУГЛУУЛГЫН ЭД ЗҮЙЛСИЙН БАРИМТЖУУЛАЛТ
CARE HANDLING OF MANUSCRIPTS
ГАР БИЧМЭЛҮҮДИЙГ ХАДГАЛЖ ХАМГААЛАХ НЬ
ХАДГАЛЖ БУЙ ЦУГЛУУЛГАТАЙ ХАРЬЦАХ АЖИЛЛАГАА
Chingeltei District, Juulchid Streed, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia | Чингэлтэй дүүрэг, Жуулчдын гудамж, Улаанбаатар хот